Thursday 5 February 2015

All aboard!!!....and so the journey begins.

Hello to everyone out there!, I'm fairly confident that I'm talking to no one at the moment but I'll ramble on anyway.
Let me tell you about myself and why I am starting this blog!

I'm thirty-something years old with a husband, two kids (6+4) and two dogs. At the moment I'm looking for a job as I have been for a while.
 All my life I have done crafting of some sort, such as quilling, candle making, cross stitch, scrapbooking and jewellery making. I have settled down to just card making and jewellery making but sometimes dabble in a bit of scrapbooking. In my ideal fantasy world I would love to be able to sell my cards and jewellery and be happy at this but I find the time that goes into the items cannot be reflected into a sale-able price point. So I continue to keep them as my hobbies.
Like many crafters I have a huge stash of supplies and always find more things to buy!! One such item is my almost full set of promarkers and my set of Spectrum Noir pencils. Having had them for a while and not really getting the full potential out of them I have decided that I need to learn how to use them.
Many an hour has been spent looking at you tube videos and never really finding what I was looking for but then I stumbled upon a blog and facebook group at roughly the same time - I'll tell you about it later or possibly in my next post!

The reason for this blog is primarily as a journal for my colouring. Learning to colour isn't going to come easy nor is it going to happen overnight or in a month or two. I know many give it up and decide that it isn't for them but I want this to be for people like that who feel it is nothing but an uphill struggle (I'm sure there will be moments when it is) but a journey like this is better done in the company of others than alone.
So be inspired, pickup your pens, pencils, paints, whatever takes your fancy and join me on a journey of ups and downs and learn a new skill!

'Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment